1. Complete an application for each of your children eligible for a scholarship.
2. Include the first two pages of the family’s most recent federal income tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ). Speak with your school’s leadership about accepted alternate proofs of income.
3. Return the completed application(s) and adjusted gross income documentation to the accredited private school at which your child is accepted. DO NOT send the application directly to the OSF.
4. The school will evaluate the family financial needs in accordance with school policy. If the student is deemed eligible and appropriate by the participating school administration, the school will endorse the application, include a recommended scholarship amount, and forward the application to the Opportunity Scholarship Fund office for processing.
5. If there are available funds in the school account, and if the student meets all eligibility requirements established in the law, the OSF will prepare a scholarship check made out jointly to the parent and school – and will mail the check to the school.